The making of a will: many of us dread the thought. But those who want to ensure their loved one's future know how important it is. A Bastion Estate Law will lawyer in Calgary helps you take care of your loved ones even when you are not there.
You need a will now
Writing a will is among those things many of us put in the back burner promising to get to but never actually do. If a will is never a priority on your list of things to do, you are not alone. 55% of Canadians do not have a will in place, and up to 75% don’t have a will lawyer in Calgary to keep their will up to date.
I understand: you don’t want to face the reality of your own mortality. You may think your assets are not significant enough or that your family can amicably distribute your assets should something happen unexpectedly. And these thoughts may prevent you from professionally drafting your will.
No estate is too small; I can help you appropriately distribute the estate you have in the most fitting way possible. Have a family heirloom you would like to keep in the family and prevent other family members from selling it? Want to make sure your dependent spouse, child, or close relative is adequately taken care of after your demise? Act now! You won’t get to decide what happens to your estate when you die without a will.
What if you die without a will?
The purpose of any will is to communicate your wishes when it comes to distributing your estate and assets post-death. Do not put off having a will in place to a task waiting for you on your deathbed. Why? Well, because you don’t know what the future holds: so should something happen to you unexpectedly, you will leave your loved ones in a precarious situation.
Many unfortunate things that happen if you die without a will:
- Your spouse, children and other close relatives may fight over your property
- The state will also have the final say on what happens to your estate
- Your common-law spouse may not inherit anything, in some cases not even a portion of it
- The state will take your entire estate if you have no living next of kin
- Any charities you care for may not get anything from your estate
- Someone else will establish who gets to take care of your children if your spouse is incapable or not around
- You will not get a say on your burial arrangements or funeral
Ensure a stable future for your loved ones by making your will early enough.
Does it take a lawyer to draft my will?
Yes, you do! Our properly drafted will gives you peace of mind knowing you have provided for your loved ones, should anything happen to you. Want to reduce the pressure your loved ones will face after your passing?
Get in touch with a Bastion Estate Law will lawyer in Calgary today!Will Lawyer Calgary